MBBS in Russia | MBBS in Dagestan | Study in Russia | Study in Dagestan | Education in Russia | Education in Dagestan | Dagestan State Medical University | DAGSMU | DAGSMA | MBBS Admission in Dagestan State Medical University | MBBS Fee in Dagestan State Medical University | Direct Admission in Dagestan State Medical University | Apply for MBBS Admission in Dagestan State Medical University | How to Get Direct Admission in MBBS in Dagestan State Medical University | Study in Dagestan State Medical University | About Dagestan State Medical University | History of Dagestan State Medical University
On 20th birthday of Dagestan was visited by the People’s Commissar for Health of the RSFSR N. A. Semashko, Professor A. N. Sysin, Martsinovsky and A. V. Molkov. Their arrival significantly changed the state of health in the country. Open hospitals, clinics, obstetric school, and so on. D. However, the young republic, which is experiencing an economic and cultural boom, continues to suffer from an acute shortage of medical personnel. Desiring to fundamentally change the situation, the All-Soviet Congress of Soviets declared “the health care of the DASSR as the third shock front.” From the minutes of meeting No. 15 SNK DASSR from April 14, 1932: “.. To organize a medical institute and solve problems related to It, create a member of the Organizing Committee: comrade. Nakhibasheva (chairman), Professor Bairashevsky, Abassaliyev, Gafurov, Omarkadiev, Shanavazov and Danilyan, obliging him to immediately expand his work to ensure the opening of the institute and the recruitment of students on September 1, 1932 … ”
On November 7, 1932, on the day of the 15th anniversary of the Great October Socialist Revolution, a grand opening took place in the capital of the Dagestan Medical Institute – one of the three higher educational institutions of the young republic. The Institute was named “Dagestan State Medical Institute. XV anniversary of October. From the Charter of the Dagestan State Medical Institute: “1. The Dagestan Medical Institute is under the jurisdiction of the Tax Code of the Russian Federative Socialist Republic. Medical Institute is a higher educational and scientific institution that trains specialists in the field of therapeutic and prophylactic industry. 4. The Institute has its own independent assessment and funding. The plan approved by the Tax Code of the RSFSR … 5. The institute has the right to publish its scientific work … 6. The institute has its own seal … 41. All employees and their children, not younger than 17 and not older than 35 years, have the right to go to college … 42. People who want to go to college, must pass a test in Russian language, mathematics, social studies and chemistry in the amount established by the Tax Code of the RSFSR … “. This was the beginning of the training of medical workers in Dagestan.
Muslim Yusupovich Nakhibashev was appointed the first director of the Dagestan Medical Institute. This is a man who has gone from an ordinary medical assistant to the People’s Commissar for Health of Dagestan. Omar Aliyev Bayrashevsky, Deputy Director for Science and Professor of Teaching, was invited from Azerbaijan. He was sent on an urgent business trip to the university cities of the country (Moscow, Kiev, Kharkov, Minsk, Moscow, Baku). He negotiated with university directors and professors, asking, persuading and persuading to provide personnel assistance to the young university. The mission was accomplished with great success as soon as possible.
In the year of its foundation, the institute had only 3 departments, and 4 departments were common for three universities: physics, chemistry, history of the CPSU and political economy, physical education. The Medical Institute also opened a library and a reading room.
As a result of entrance examinations, in which 320 people took part, 161 applicants were accepted for the 1st course. Although the classes began on October 15, their grand opening with the participation of representatives of the Dagestan regional branch of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and the Council of Ministers of the Dagestan Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic, as well as delegations from Rostov and Azerbaijan Medical Institutions, was held on November 7, 1932. This is the official date of birth of the institute.
From 1934 to 1936, Mikhail Grigorievich Kumaritov was the director of the Dagestan Medical Institute. He studied in Tbilisi, worked in Baku, Moscow, was People’s Commissar of Health of South Ossetia. During a trip to the CPSU Central Committee in July 1934, he arrived in Dagestan for the post of People’s Commissar for Health. In December 1934, M. Kumaritov was simultaneously appointed director of the Dagestan Medical Institute (until March 1936). It was not easy to take the helm of the republic’s health care and at the same time head the medical institute. However, during this short time (1.5 years) he managed to do a lot.
By 1936, 17 new clinical and theoretical departments appeared at the institute. The basis for them was the Republican Clinical Hospital, built by that time, and the city maternity hospital.
After the medical institute from temporary evacuation to Derbent returned to the capital of the republic, but suffered significant losses, there was a threat of closure of the Medical Institute in Makhachkala and its transfer in 1943 to the city of Grozny. The institute had been managed to save with the huge efforts. The role of the Government of the Republic is great in it.
Since June 1947, Serazhutdin Yusupovich Alibekov becomes the director of the Medical Institute. During the period of work of S.Yu. Alibekov conditions for serious scientific research were created. He was an initiated the invitation of leading scientists of the country to work in the Institute.
After S. Yu. Alibekov, the director (rector) of the Institute was appointed Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor Mikhail Timofeevich Nagorny. He headed the university from 1954 to 1959. Mikhail Timofeevich was a brilliant surgeon and brilliant teacher of surgeons. Under his leadership at the Department of Hospital Surgery, which he headed for 22 years, the future luminaries of the Dagestani surgical school defended doctoral and candidate dissertations.
In December 1959 Magomed Magomedovich Maksudov was appointed as a rector of the Medical Institute. For a quarter of a century he headed one of the most prestigious universities in the republic and at the same time managed the Department of Dentistry (1967-1973), then the Department of Surgical Dentistry (1973-1989).
For 25 years, many things have been done at the post of rector of the Dagestan Medical Institute. In 1959 the departments of normal anatomy, physiology, microbiology, general biology, physics, pharmacology, hygiene with the course of organization of public health, patanatomy, pathophysiology and operative surgery were transferred from the Lenin Square to the building of the biophysiological building. At the same time in the main educational building on Lenin Square, the remaining departments have improved their conditions; in addition, the rector’s office, educational and business units, accounting departments have been transferred there. The material and technical base of the Medical Institute continued to expand: three student dormitories for 1400 seats, a morphological building, a sports complex, a sports camp, a student cafe “Aibolit”, construction of the biological building was completed, construction of educational and laboratory buildings was started on the I. Shamil prospect.
In 1960, near the hostel, a student-dining hall was built, and the library of the institute moved to the 1st floor of the building. There were located a department of foreign literature, a reading room for 100 people and a student library. The library’s book stock amounted more than 100 thousand scientific, political, fiction books and textbooks. In addition, reading rooms were opened in the biological building and in the dormitory.
New departments and faculties were opened in the Medical Institute: in 1964 – the evening department of the medical faculty, in 1965 – the stomatological faculty, in 1968 – the pediatric faculty, in 1974 – the preparatory department, in 1983 – the faculty for the improvement of doctors. In addition, the Institute opened the preparatory faculty for foreign citizens (1986) and the faculty for work with foreign citizens (1987). During this period, foreigners from Syria, Jordan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Israel, Morocco, Turkey, Bangladesh, Yemen, Egypt and other countries studied at the university.
According to the results of the assessment of the medical universities of the Russian Federation in 1995, the Dagestan State Medical Institute was renamed into the Academy, which was a testament to the recognition by the Government of Russia and the medical community of the country of the high level of the teaching and scientific personnel of our republic, the professionalism of physicians who received higher education in the Dagestan Medical Academy, and great achievements of healthcare of the Dagestan Republic.
Over the past 80 years, the Dagestan State Medical Academy has turned into a real school of medical art. It produced more than 27,000 doctors who work in all corners of the country, occupying state posts. The names of many of them are known far beyond the borders of the republic.
Dagestan State Medical Academy successfully develops international relations with many universities. In order to cooperate in the fields of education, culture and research, agreements have been concluded with the universities of Aleppo (Syria), Barcelona (Spain), Tehran (Iran), Az. Aliyev Medical Institute for the Improvement of Physicians (Republic of Azerbaijan) and others. DSMA cooperates with the World Federation of International Education, the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNESCO, and also maintains close relations with alumni working in foreign countries – the USA, Canada, Israel, India, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and others.
In the course of its progressive development in recent years, the Academy has become a multi-functional institution. It is a large educational and medical center with the structure of 8 faculties, a rather powerful base for fundamental and paraclinical disciplines, a wide network of clinical bases of all profiles (more than 40), 70 departments headed by doctors of science and professors, the Institute of Human Ecology of Mountain Territories, consultative and diagnostic clinic, medical college, Alumni Employment Center, information and computing department, analytical department, Internet center, scientific medical library, sports complex, publishing and printing center.